Unanswered: Please Help!! new to this

Hi, i am new to access, im creating a database for an ambulance company i mamage and dispatch. Ive learned everything from youtube and experimenting these couple wks. I have a list box form i created from a qry that seperates my appointments/transports by date. I want to be able to have each row turn red once i enter a dispatch time indicating that appt is active, and green once the transport has been cleared/completed. This is the easiest way to dispatch. All my tables forms and queries are complete i just dont know how to make the list box do this or if its possible, like i said im very new and have no idea any help is appreciated thank u.

Provided Answers: 54
    This is really a Microsoft Access specific question, so I'll move it from Database Concepts & Design - dBforums to Microsoft Access - dBforums where you'll probably get much more appropriate responses.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

This maybe what you are looking for

Please find a previous Thread posted by Missinglinq which may cover what you are looking for.

dbforums.com/microsoft-access/1667758-row-color-change-based-data-selected-entered.html[/url]

Kind Regards

Thanks , im so new im not even sure how to work this forum lol thank u tho

Provided Answers: 59
    Actually I'd suggest a better way of displaying this data is to have two forms, one displays allocated one displays free. changing colours can cause problems. you could fall foul of disabilities rights provisions if your choice of colours fell into the spectrum colour blindness. the advantage of separate forms is that there is no need to mess around with colours as defacto if the row is in one form then its "allocated" or not, depending on the state

you could package both forms as sub forms within a form container.

or
    you could use the same form with a 3way button that showed allocated, unallocated or both

the problem comes if you have to show more than two states say 'unavailable: maintenance' then you may need to go down a different presentation paradigm. personally if it were me I'd still steer clear of colours. the app can very quickly look garish and confusing. sparing use of colour works better as it emphasises a specific issue.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thanks healdem. Yah i learned to dispatch with red meaning active transport, green meaning completed and white or no color meaning not yet dispatched. But i can do without the colors. Currently im using a split sub form showing the appointments. And the dispatch times in the sub form. I do want a main oe opening/ beginning form like a dashboard where i can choose the date and create a button to go to a split sub form showing all appts for that date only. O have an idea of a calendar or drop down or something to chooss the date and then click a button that goes to the split sub form showing the appts. How can i do this