recommended DB print magazines and blogs?

Hi

I work with Oracle and MySQL/MariaDB. I am more developer (job role application manager) than DBA.

What blogs and/or print magazines can you recommend me?

DBA and databases in general are kind of a weird line drawn in the sand and I've never seen any notable stuff. I don't use MS SQL Server but Brent Ozar Unlimited is filled with lots of witty / smart / easy to read stuff. Sadly most of it is SQL Server related and not Oracle but I'm an Oracle 11g / PostgreSQL guy for what it's worth.

is there really no print magazine oder blog about DB (MySQL, Oracle DB)? What's in your feed reader?

Sorry. I just read Reddit/r/database, sql, postgresql, sqlserver, etc etc etc...

There are several good blogs/pod-casts for MariaDb, more for MySQL and Oracle. Are you looking for something specific, or just trying to find something that interests you?

My luck with the printed magazines for the Oracle products (MySQL and Oracle database) aren't good. Everything that I've found (or that has found me) is very advertising-centric.

My advice if you want something generic would be to sample a few (or a few dozen) of the available choices, and find that one that best suits your needs. If you have specific interests or needs, please guide me a bit and I'll share what I know.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

One other item on this, I keep an eye out on all DB related mags/blogs regardless of the platform and db product. All of them do pretty much the same tasks, the differences are normally in the naming and syntax. When one introduces a new capability, it will be in the others in some shape in the near future, so best to learn it while you can then focus on specific implementations later.