Unanswered: blocked combo box?

hello,
    in my project "xx" I put a combo box , where I can select a value and it shows me the information related to selected values​​, the problem that when I run the project (adp) the combo box is visible and active but I can not make a choose (1) a value , but when I go to design mode and I come back on fashion form, the combo box is active and I can choose a value. it is rather strange beacause I checked in advance whether or not it is locked and it is not locked.

In your opinion what's the problem?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.gif   2.gif  

Check your OnCurrentEvent Code to see if anything is interfering. Also, have you checked your properties for the combo under Data tab to make sure it is enabled and not locked as you said? Does your code compile? I don't speak or read Spanish, so pics do not help!

Provided Answers: 19
    What version of Access are you running?

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Burrina View Post
    Check your OnCurrentEvent Code to see if anything is interfering. Also, have you checked your properties for the combo under Data tab to make sure it is enabled and not locked as you said? Does your code compile? I don't speak or read Spanish, so pics do not help!
    hello Burrina, yes I've already checked the properties it's not locked, and my code work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Missinglinq View Post
    What version of Access are you running?
    hi Missinglinq, actually i use access 2007, and i used the 2010 version and it worked fine until i downgrade the app to 2007.

Provided Answers: 19
    OK, am I understanding the situation correctly:
    • If you're in Design View, switch to Form View and make a selection, it works correctly?
    • But if you close the database and then simply open the database, directly, in Form View, the Combobox doesn't work?

If the above is correct, the problem is probably that you haven't declared the Folder that holds the File as 'trusted.' In version 2007 and later, when VBA code doesn't execute, the problem is usually that the Folder holding the database hasn’t been designated as a "Trusted" location.

To "Trust" your folder, click:
    • Office Button (top left)
    • Access Options (bottom of dialog)
    • Trust Center (left)
    • Trust Center Settings (button)
    • Trusted Locations (left)
    • Add new location (button)

Linq ;0)>
    Last edited by Missinglinq; 08-02-13 at 09:03.
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Missinglinq View Post
    OK, am I understanding the situation correctly:
    • If you're in Design View, switch to Form View and make a selection, it works correctly?
    • But if you close the database and then simply open the database, directly, in Form View, the Combobox doesn't work?

If the above is correct, the problem is probably that you haven't declared the Folder that holds the File as 'trusted.' In version 2007 and later, when VBA code doesn't execute, the problem is usually that the Folder holding the database hasn’t been designated as a "Trusted" location.

To "Trust" your folder, click:
    • Office Button (top left)
    • Access Options (bottom of dialog)
    • Trust Center (left)
    • Trust Center Settings (button)
    • Trusted Locations (left)
    • Add new location (button)

Linq ;0)>
    hello,
    thx for your answer, i tried your solution and unfortunately it didn't work, SO i tried something else, actually I created a form and i put the combo box into the head of the form and it worked.

thx again for ur help.