Provided Answers: 5

Unanswered: Mouse Behaving erratically only in Access

has anybody ever had "mousing" problems in Access 2010 using Windows 7

i ahve an HP notebook with HP usb Mouse - No issues in outlook or word but in Access my mouse goes haywire.

If I try to lasso several control it will only select the last control and then it moves it not selects it.

If I select all field names in the query view and then try to drag to the grid it only re-selects the the filed I am clicking and holding on and then automatically places it in the grid before I can even drag it

If I click on the subform borders it always - I mean always select inside the subform -
    In the code window if i try to highlight some text it will allow me to hightlight but when I release so as to use the right button it de-selects evrything

and much much more - it is now becoming counter productive to the point of having me re type or do work arounds costing up to an hour or more a day.

Like I said - does not occurr in anyother application - as if there were any other application one would want to use. LOL

Please no : "try to reboot", or use a different port, or ask me if it is wireless - it is connected to a USB port thereby making it not wireless.
    Dale Houston, TX

Provided Answers: 19
    You say it only occurs in Access, but I don't think you've said, is this any Access database, or one specific database?

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Provided Answers: 5
    in any access application - I went to Walmart and bought a 12 dollar mouse usb (with retractable cord) mouse - problems are resolved - I just hooked it up.

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on the post.
    Dale Houston, TX