Wonky behavior part 2 8/6/2013

Clicking on any thread created before today appears to redirect me to a 404 page. Threads created today seem to be OK, but give me a "you're not logged in" type of banner.

Are the site owners "testing" again?

Here's the banner

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Yet, I am logged in enough to be able to post....

I'm glad that I am not the only one having this problem. I thought I had some virus re-directing my clicks.

Here is the link that I get sent to:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/micros...raing-not.html

Yeah. I think dev was having a slight conversion anomaly that is hopefully dust by now.

Thanks for standing by. Let us know if any wonkiness returns.
    Have a community? Have questions?

That seemed to post quite fast.

[EDIT]
    This one too.

I don't recall dBforums ever being this quick.
    [/EDIT]

Quote Originally Posted by SoftWareRevue View Post
    Thanks for standing by. Let us know if any wonkiness returns.
    Still getting 404's on certain topics including the link in my OP on this thread.

Sorry nobody's updated you sooner, but I'm sure you can confirm that all outstanding issues have been resolved.

Thank you for your patience.

I am still being redirected to a 404 page for the following link:

http://www.dbforums.com/microsoft-sql-server/1695356-show-users-whether-btheyve-done-traing-not.html

I am begin sent to this instead:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/micros...raing-not.html

Quote Originally Posted by LinksUp View Post
    Note that the link shown (as displayed) and the link used (the actual HTTP: address used) are different, so the behavior that you're seeing is correct at least as far as implementing what the HTML is telling your browser to do. The problem is that the HTML is incorrect, so you aren't getting the behavior that you expect.

How and where are you seeing this link? If it is current, we (iNet) need to get that fixed. If it is an antique (that's over an hour old in the world of the web), then why are you playing with that old stuff ???

Coach me a bit on where and how you're seeing this stuff, and I'll see what I can do to help make your world a nicer place!

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

I just tried the link posted by gvee and got the same 404 page.

Interesting! I just tried that link, and it worked fine for me.

What OS and web browser are you using? I've tested this using Windows 7 with IE 8, 9, and 10 as well as FireFox and Chrome. I've also tested with Windows 8 using IE 10, FireFox, and Chrome. I could test with Ubuntu, Red Hat, or Debian but you'd have to be specific about what version and architecture.

Are you using any kind of "web caching" accelerator on your workstation? Those can also cause this kind of problem.

With two of us (gvee and I) in radically different locations using different hardware and software getting good results, I think that the web page is Ok. We just need to figure out what is causing you such heartburn and get that cleaned up too!

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

I cleared the cache and it worked.

Just for the record, I am on Windows 7 64 with WaterFox, a 64 bit sibling of FireFox. This is the first time I have had a problem, minor, but something I will need to remember moving forwards.

Thanks for working through this with me.

No problem!

While I can't fix the entire universe, I am pretty determined to do what I can to improve the parts that are under my control. While I don't have full control of DBForums, I can make a big difference when things go worng here!

I'm glad to know that DBForums is behaving for you again!

-PatP