Unanswered: Generate DDL - db2 z/OS

v10; z/OS

I need to rename several tablespaces. It looks like there is no option to rename a tablespace; so I'd have to unload data, drop/recreate them.

I'd like to know if there is some utility / command I can use to generate the DDL for a tablespace and all dependent objects ? We have a db2 admin tool that can do it, but is there a way to generate the DDL without using any tools?

In the past I have always used ERWIN, but, I think you can run a db2look to pull all the table/index/views/grants etc. It has been a while but form what I recall the only thing a db2look would not pull is the z/os specific information (tablespaces, database, stogroups etc). To use a db2look I performed a remote connection, not the prettiest but it did pull quite a bit of info.

Provided Answers: 1
    Data Studio might be able to do it (I have never tried it so I can't be sure). However, since you have the DB2 Admin Tool, it would be easier to use it. You can run the Gen in batch mode, if that helps.

There are 3rd party tools from BMC that will do this, but are fairly expensive.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

I was hoping there is some utility/command that comes with the base product. Looks like there isn't. Thanks.