Thread: Recovery backup

Unanswered: Recovery backup

Hello,

I want com compile a single db with a backup function. Its ok.
    But, I need a function to locate a backup and rewrite the db file, in other words a recovery backup.
    Any idea?

- Christian

Provided Answers: 17
    Hello
    You need to create a timer and in there, select the Action “Create a Backup”.
    When you select this option, you can specify a Path to where the backup is to be saved and you can also tell it to overwrite the previous backup each time.

For the naming, use the option “Only Name” other wise you will end up getting a new backup file every single time your Timer is set to run. Using “Only Name” will leave you with only one master backup file to have automatically overwritten.

On the same windows there's an option to display a message when the backup is completed. Turn that off as it's very annoying for users working with the database.

Regards
    James

Hello James,

I think you misunderstand. What I want is to create a function that finds a previous backup and restore for the current database.
    It is a recovery backup, and is not a backup file.
    So sorry, I did not realised that I was not explained properly.

- Christian

Provided Answers: 17
    Hi Christian

So you want to basically reset the current database back to a very specific point when you run this backup restore?

If so, you cannot directly script that in brilliant database with one of it's own native files. You have to manually run the “import/parse” “synchronize with another database” to import the records from another brilliant database file into the existing file.

However, if you store your backup in excel format, you can script that.

If your data is stored in an excel file you can create a import template and run the import/parse “template to import” option to inport your data into your current database.

So for example, you press a button.
    A script runs and deletes the contents of the current database.
    Then the script runs the import/parse template which goes to your excel file and imports the contents of the excel file back into your into your database.

Does that help?

Regards
    James

Its a brilliant idea!