Unanswered: Parameter playing hide and seek

Good day All

Some time back I received some (basic) training in Access and made a small database. I am now trying to get to know Access in more detail so I have gone back to the database I made and I am having a bit of a problem, when I open the "StartMenu" form a parameter dialogue box opens up.

I have opened just about every thing in the database (including a can of worms) but I can not find out where this bugger is hiding, to help restore my sanity could some kind soul look at the file and help track it down.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If your talking about it asking about first name, then YES, just edit the qry for the subform Absence Report and remove the spaces between first name and last name.
    i.e.
    Employee: [firstname] & "" & [lastname]

Good day Burrina
    As I said the training was basic, but here goes, I opened up the Absence Report in design mode and looked at the “Employee: People.[first name] & " " & [last name]” and did not touch anything because I have a question , I thought that all this did was to concatenate the first and last names from the People Table ?

Yes, that's true, but if the syntax is wrong you will get an error and your concatenate was incorrect and that's why the error.

Burrina,..I am at risk of spoiling your Sunday with this problem and for that I apologise, but I have done (at least I think I have) as you suggested and removed the space from between the double quote but all that has done is remove the space from between the name, instead of Joe smith it is now Joesmith. When opening the StartMenu it still asks for the first name and then the Last name,
    But I cannot find these two parameters, I thought that parameters where set on the Criteria line of the query?
    I have post a snap shot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Querie Absence Report.PNG  

In your qry you still have spaces between first name and last name.
    They should be Employee: [firstname] & "" & [lastname]
    Please correct and then let me know what happens.

Burrina
    I have tried to take out all spaces, before the ampersand after the ampersand and between the quotes and when I click out of the field they are put back before and after the ampersands the only space that are not reinserted is the space between the double quotes . If I remove all spaces and click save the whole of the field disappears and only comes back when I click in to the fields?

Revised Copy

Here is a revised copy. Please note the change in the qry.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Burrina

My thanks, removed the People from the query and ran but still asked for name, copied /pasted from you query and every thing now works!!! my thanks.

Your Welcome. Good Luck With Your Project.