Unanswered: Slow when switching to design view

Windows 7 professional 64bit 8G ram
    core i5 -2520M CPU @2.5GHz

The switch from viewing a form in edit mode to design view is excruciatingly slow (~3min). Once I am in design mode, there is no slow down however. The same thing occurs when in design mode I try to edit a subform (from a form).
    What is going on? Any fix. I used to work on earlier versions of Access and never had this issue.

If you create a persistent connection to the backend this should resolve the issue.

I create a tblConnection in the backend with a single field, and a single record "dummy". When you have the database open to do modifications etc, just open tblConnection and minimize it. Designview should be back to normal speed.

Talking Your resolved the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Burrina View Post
    If you create a persistent connection to the backend this should resolve the issue.

I create a tblConnection in the backend with a single field, and a single record "dummy". When you have the database open to do modifications etc, just open tblConnection and minimize it. Designview should be back to normal speed.

THANK YOU Burrina
    I was just about to smash my head on my pc or smash my pc on the wall as this problem was sooo annoying, slowed me around 10 times.
    You saved us both. Thank you dear.