Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Unanswered: Some cool examples files Part II

I saw here a lot of a cool examples files in Brilliant Database beyond the imaginations of Mikhail examples.

If some one have an file and want to share, it will be very apreciate if put attached in this topic. Even one was posted before.

Please, post a your name, name of the appbdb and a simple description.

Christian

Provided Answers: 17
    Hi Christian.
    I think this is a great idea but I'm feeling very deflated over brilliant database lack of support and the current state of v10.3 so for me I would rather hold off submitting files until I'm in a better frame of mind and Brilliant Database have fixed the bugs.

Regards
    James

My friend, you need to take it easy.
    Last edited by sgarbi; 08-25-13 at 18:37. Reason: Correct

Post Age

This is a very simple formula that can calculate your age in year and month putting the born day of the person.
    - Christian
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post Config Form

A simple example with a config form to start database on share mode.
    - Christian

How to play a Mp3 file that is attached to a File Attachment Field.

Ask the BD to salute the user

This example salutes the user who logged in BD.

Quote Originally Posted by asokram View Post
    This example salutes the user who logged in BD.
    This is a very cool example!

Hi all.
    This example show how you can add a Percentage Progress Bar inside your Form.

For some of my larger databases where a lot of data is gathered, rather than the production manager having to look through different forms to see what stage the work was at, I implemented an overview page that displayed core information and a single percentage bar that represented the stage that the product in question was at in production.

There are many different applications you can use this idea for. In the example, I've added some generic information to follow an order for example.

Regards
    James
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails progress-bar.jpg  
    Last edited by Tubbritt; 09-02-13 at 22:17.

Provided Answers: 2
    Is it just me or are other people having difficulty looking at the picture James Tubbritt posted above (the Attached Thumbnail is what I want to see NOT the Attached File)? I am always interested in seeing what James is working on!
    Daryl G
    Daryl G

Just deleted the file and uploaded another copy. I can't get that one to display for me either. The zip file downloads fine though.

Regards
    James

Provided Answers: 2
    James,
    It still will not open... but it could be that dbforums.com has been acting really, really strange on my computer as of late. Whenever I attempt to log in, I get notices that I my user name and/or password is not valid but it has never changed. Oddly, sometimes I receive this message and it also shows that I am logged in???

Although I have switched most of my attention from Brilliant Database to Blender 3d, I am still very much interested in the activities here - especially Mr. Tubbritt's the creations hence my interest in seeing what he has made!
    Thanks,
    Daryl G
    Daryl G

Viewing the attachment should be fixed now - this is also fixed for attachments in other threads. Please let us know in the future as well if you find other odd site behaviors.

One good way of making sure we know, is using this button on a post that has a problem: http://www.dbforums.com/db_images_v3...ons/report.gif

That will alert the staff, who can be sure the problem is tended to. You can also email me about other problems directly if you prefer using my direct email at matt at overclockers .com

Thanks Matt, it's working fine now.

Hi all.
    Ok, there's a bit to to this one.

When you create a project in the SDK a folder is created that has the same name as your database file name. Inside the folder there are sub folders and one of them is called myfiles.

My files is also a system variable inside your database. The idea behind this is, any content you place into the myfiles folder will be compiled with your application when you are making an exe.

So bearing that in mind, it's a great way to include any additional content you require in order to give the end user a much better experience. With a little magination, you can for run Java, FLASH, HTML, Video, and all manger of media inside brilliant database.

For LOCAL html that has advanced functions (calls advanced java) you must however use the myfiles variable with “file:///”

So to call an advanced html file, you would use

file:///[$_myfiles]/

Attached is an example of this working. Unpack the zip file to a folder on your PC and open the database. All going well, you should see a 360 Degree image you can interact with. The buttons in the 360 Degree image on the bottom right should also override brilliant database and give you a full screen view.

Regards
    James
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 360.jpg  
    Last edited by Tubbritt; 09-04-13 at 19:30.

Thank you James.
    Earlier I was using my files variable only for fetching manual or files which is very big in size. Now it has given me a light to use other programs inside BD.
    James is really innovative!!