Unanswered: Troubleshooting from an error message

Hello DB2 friends.

I have a terrible confession, I'm not good at reading an application error message and deriving what the problem with the database is.

I am administering an old DB2 8 database running on AIX and an application is throwing this error message:

2013-08-22 09:51:32.378 [WebContainer : 0] ERROR - com.reeng.resultsportal.motorists.life.web.utils.D bQueryManager: SQLException
    java.sql.SQLException: 2;-440;42884;SYSIBM.SQLCAMESSAGECCSID|PROCEDUREDSRA00 10E: SQL State = 56098, Error Code = -727

I know this is a super basic question, but what pieces should I took from this as the potential source of the problem? Any help or suggestions would be great appreciated.

Provided Answers: 1
    The most recent error code seems to be -727, which translates to SQL0727N ("N" stands for "negative", which -727 is). Looking up the error message manual we read:

Code:
    SQL0727N  An error occurred during implicit system action type
          "<action-type>". Information returned for the error includes
          SQLCODE "<sqlcode>", SQLSTATE "<sqlstate>" and message tokens
          "<token-list>".

Explanation: 

The processing of a statement or command has caused the database manager
    to implicitly perform additional processing. During this processing an
    error was encountered. The action attempted is shown by the
    "<action-type>":

implicit rebind of a package

implicit prepare of a cached dynamic SQL statement
    The rest of the logged message supplies the missing tokens -- the stuff in the angle brackets. "action-type" is "2", which we see explained above -- implicit prepare of a dynamic statement. What happened during that implicit prepare is indicated by the "sqlcode", which is -440, or SQL0440N. We can ignore "sqlstate" as its usually too generic to be of use. "token-list" will provide further details when we look at the SQL0440N message:

Code:
    SQL0440N  No authorized routine named "<routine-name>" of type
          "<routine-type>" having compatible arguments was found.
    So "SYSIBM.SQLCAMESSAGECCSID|PROCEDURE" -- tokens delimited by the vertical bar symbol, must point to the PROCEDURE named SYSIBM.SQLCAMESSAGECCSID.

In other words, there was a dynamic SQL statement that DB2 tried to prepare, but it referenced the procedure SYSIBM.SQLCAMESSAGECCSID, which could not be found.

Quick googling of the procedure name returns this technote as the first result: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg21297930, which suggests that you may have missed running the db2updv8 utility after installing one of the fix packs.
    Last edited by n_i; 08-22-13 at 16:39.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

n_i thank you so much for the detail and for the quick response. This is the information I need to learn how to make something out of all that data I was given. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me learn!