Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: v 10.3 released

Unanswered: v 10.3 released

Found new 10.3 version today.

"All known bugs are fixed."

Provided Answers: 17
    Quote Originally Posted by matty1965 View Post
    "All known bugs are fixed."
    Sadly that's not true and they know it because two bugs I reported and spoke to them about have not been fixed.

Be careful with your data people, this version has the same major problem that all v10 editions have where every database you load into it will fail the database integrity check. This for me is a show stopper. I will not load real data into this when it sees every database as damaged.

As for the other problem, the image field redraw, I have been promised a fix for that for probably 7 months. I recorded a video, even sent them sample files. Still not fixed.

Booh...!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image1.jpg   Image2.jpg  

Just sent them an email in the hope they still care at this point. I'm coming to the end of my rope with all this. The future appears too unstable and that worries me.

James

Sorry to hear that. I wonder which bugs have been fixed?

Sorry to hear that. I wonder which bugs have been fixed?
    I'm curious also.

With the database integrity check failing my fears have just been confirmed. I loaded one of my trusty v9.42 files into this new version and in the space of a few minutes my file was destroyed to 0KB.

All I did was delete two image fields and then run the normal database optimisation. Then I was greeted with the attached screen shots.

lol... they should make me a beta tester.

Regards
    James
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img1.jpg   img2.jpg   img3.jpg   img4.jpg   img5.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbritt View Post
    I'm curious also.

With the database integrity check failing my fears have just been confirmed. I loaded one of my trusty v9.42 files into this new version and in the space of a few minutes my file was destroyed to 0KB.

All I did was delete two image fields and then run the normal database optimisation. Then I was greeted with the attached screen shots.

lol... they should make me a beta tester.

Regards
    James
    Hello James,

You deleted this files like a user or using a design editor?

Christian

Version 10.3 release new onerr?

When I execute the instalation setup an name "BIN SOFT OOO" show as onerr instead Binary Brilhant like last others...
    Humm....
    Christian

That might be an appropriate new name given the database integrity issues that remain!

That might be an appropriate new name given the database integrity issues that remain!
    Appropriate indeed!Christian

Thumbs down

There is another: As anunced "full compatible with for Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/2003/2000"

This software (v10) dosen´t run on Windows 2000/Server (I tried because I have a server computer under Windows 2000). There is a problem with codejock component.

Christian

Quote Originally Posted by sgarbi View Post
    Hello James,

You deleted this files like a user or using a design editor?

Christian
    I deleted the image fields completely from the form with the Designer, but it was the standard database optimisation (defrag) that chewed up my database and that’s a normal function the end user will do from time to time.

Either way, every single new database fails the database integrity check 100% guaranteed, so I would not trust any data to v10 until these issues are fixed.

Regards
    James

Provided Answers: 54
    James:

There have been many posts on this subject over many months, and I haven't followed it closely but have you tried to create a squeaky clean database using 10.x then importing your data into it? There might be a conversion/version upgrade issue that actually does corrupt an upgraded database that wouldn't impact one built from a "fresh start". If that were the case, Mikhail needs to know where to look to find the problem so he's not chasing a problem where there is none while ignoring a real one somewhere else. If the upgrade is not the problem, then I'm sorry that I wasted your time!

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Hi Pat.
    Yep, I've checked it both ways, upgrading my database files, and creating a empty fresh one in v10. The results are the same sadly.

Even by doing the most basic thing like simply launching v10 and starting a new project it will fail the maintenance database integrity check guaranteed. It's not even random, there's a 100% fail rate.

I recorded videos, sent files, and emails, all I get back is silence sadly.

Kind regards
    James

Provided Answers: 54
    Well drat!

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.