Unanswered: how to connect two applications to one table in java

please am working on a hospital application using java programming language, i need to know how to connect two applications to one table over a network where the data read by application one can not be read by application 2 and vise versa

Look at isolation level in BOL.

Provided Answers: 54
    I'm assuming that your question regards permissions and not mid-transactional integrity. For the sake of clarity I'll call one application Ein and the other application Zwei.

Do you want Ein to read/write/update only the rows that it "owns" and Zwei to read/write/update only the rows that it owns? Do you want Ein to only read some columns from all rows, and Zwei to read other columns from all rows, and if so does Ein, Zwei, or both have the ability to create new rows? Do you want something other than these two choices?

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

what i meant is when Ein is reading a row Zwei should be unable to read it or when a row has already been read by Ein, Zwei should skip and go to the next row, and vise versa. To break it down, a row can only be read by one of the two applications when it has never been read before.