Unanswered: some calendar questions

1: Is it possible to set up a menu so that an end user can change the time scale of the calendar, even if they don't have access to the calendar configuration?

2: I need to print out a list of appointments only for the current day that I am viewing (in day view). How would the report know which day I am viewing?

Provided Answers: 17
    Is it possible to set up a menu so that an end user can change the time scale of the calendar, even if they don't have access to the calendar configuration?
    As in change its layout from Days to Week, to Month ?

If so, no. The only way to set the layout of the calendar is from the calendar page.

I need to print out a list of appointments only for the current day that I am viewing (in day view). How would the report know which day I am viewing?
    It would go something like this.

On Button Press.
    A new variable called “Search Date” = The Date Field of the selected record.
    Now you need to run a query to display all records that Date Field = Search Date
    New your report runs from query results

Regards
    James

I want to report on all the events of the day that I am on. I need the date field that the calendar is displaying on the top of the calendar. That is some internal field that I don't know how to access.

Provided Answers: 17
    Yes. Let me try say this another way so.

If you click on any record that's located on the Day you want to a full report on, that record becomes selected. From that record being selected, you can populate your “Search Date” Variable.

Once that variable is populated, it can be used in a query to search your entire database for all records that were entered on the Day you are only interested in.

Once the query is populated with all the records from the day your interested in, a report style can be run from the query results.

Does that help you understand what you need to do?

Kind regards
    James

Yes James
    Thanks