Unanswered: How do I tell if a query returns 0 records?

Hi Folks,
    Sorry for the bonehead question -- I'm new to Access 2010. I've created a 'parameter' query to seek a single record (username & password) plus other info in the password file. If both fields on the form aren't found, login is supposed to fail (with msgbox).
    So, how can I programmatically determine if my query returned 0 records from VBA? I'm using a DoCmd.OpenQuery in VBA, but can't figure out how to read or use the data from the resulting 'datasheet'.
    My old Access skills are a bit rusty, and Acc2010 has got me all confused. Any help is better than MS's. Thanks!
    --Dawg

If Me.Recordset.RecordCount = 0 Then
    MsgBox "Sorry, Username Not Found"
    End If

Provided Answers: 59
    or consider using the dlookup function
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thanx Burrina. Now I've got to educate myself on Recordset(s) properties. Something about Object Definitions? If you've got a quick answer, I'd appreciate it. I told you I was rusty!
    --Dawg

If you want to determine if there are NO records found in the table, then this is what will do the trick. Below is an example of using the DLookup as Healdem said.

HTH

If IsNull(DLookup("[UserID]", "tblUserSecurity_Sec", "[UserID]='" & Me.txtUserID.Value & "' And [pw]='" & Me.txtPW.Value & "'")) Then
    MsgBox "Your User ID and Password do not match." & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & _
    "Please try again.", vbCritical + vbOKOnly, "Oops!"
    Last edited by Burrina; 09-05-13 at 16:35. Reason: Further Explanation.