Provided Answers: 18

Unanswered: V10.5GA ADDPART response file installation

The V10.5 LUW Infocenter says that you can use db2setup with a response-file (*addpart.rsp) to add a new physical node to an existing partitioned instance.

Reference:
    Setting up a partitioned database environment

I'm using RHEL x64 Version 6.4 and the GA release of DB2 V10.5.
    I'm setting up a trivial DPF environment with 2 physical nodes (1 node per box).

I've done a root-install with db2setup for a partitioned instance, which created the *addpart.rsp file, and then I did a root db2setup -r *addpart.rsp on another machine.

Both of the db2setup commands completed without errors or warnings.
    There is no database created as yet, in the instance, but the instance on the instance-owning partition starts OK when single-partitioned.

But on the machine where i used the db2setup -r *addpart.rsp, the command 'db2set DB2RSHCMD=/usr/bin/ssh' fails with "DBI1306N The instance profile is not defined.".
    (The same command ran fine on the instance-owning node).

The *addpart.rsp has no information about the partitioned-instance, so I'm not sure how the db2setup is supposed to know how to join the existing partitioned instance.

If I add a line to db2nodes.cfg for the second node then both db2_all date, and rah date run correctly, giving results from both nodes, but db2start cannot start the second node (SQL6032W) probably due to the *addpart.rsp installation being incomplete in some respects. Though I cannot see what I've missed if I interpret the docs correctly.

Any suggestions as to how the *addpart.rsp method is supposed to work if the addpart response file has no information about the partitioned instance?

Do you see DB2RSHCMD in ...sqllib/profile.env?
    Last edited by db2girl; 09-06-13 at 17:02.

Yes, the db2set DB2RSHCMD=/usr/bin/ssh when run on the instance-owning node puts this line into profile.env.

I remember than with V10.1 on Windows there was enough information in variables of the *addpart.rsp files to allow the db2setup -r *addpart.rsp to perform the 'add dbpartitionnum' under the covers and so join the partitioned instance. And that method worked back then. But the V10.5 *addpart.rsp file on Linux has no instance information (although it has das information).

maybe time for a pmr.

Problem was caused by the firewall in Redhat 6.4 - it is not enough to open the FCM-ports, SSH-port, NFS-ports, db2 service port.

So when the firewall is disabled the db2start works and both physical nodes function ok.

Does anyone know which other ports or port-ranges (i.e. apart from ssh, nfs, fcm, db2-service ports) are necessary for DPF operation on Linux with DB2RSHCMD=ssh - i would prefer to have the firewalls active but with appropriate rules in iptables configured.