Unanswered: Converting a Dcount VBA to a Macro

I need to convert one of my forms from VBA on update event to a macro so that it is compatible with the web, but I am having problems with the dcount.

I need to on update check if the text and numbers entered into text box alaready exisits in a table works for the vba but not within the macro

Please find enclosed a snap shot of what I am trying to achieve

Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.png  

I was not able to view your image. Can you post the vba?

VBA Code

If DCount("*", "ParkingViolationstbl", "[VIN]= '" & Me![VIN] & "'") <= -1 Then
    MsgBox "Vehcile Does Not exist In database", vbOKOnly

ElseIf DCount("*", "ParkingViolationstbl", "[VIN]= '" & Me![VIN] & "'") > 0 Then
    DoCmd.Openform "Vehcile Warning and Notice Records", acFormDS, , "[VIN] = '" & Me.VIN & "'", acFormReadOnly
    End If

Provided Answers: 6
    Have you ever seen the first message box? I can't imagine it's possible for a DCount() to return a negative number. In any case, in a macro you'd have to use the full form reference rather than Me. You also don't need the second DCount(). Test for > 0 and open the form, else the message box.
    Paul

From what form does this code run and or what event or command button? More details Please.

Changes

Sorry copied the wrong verion

If DCount("*", "ParkingViolationstbl", "[VIN]= '" & Me![VIN] & "'") = 0 Then

ElseIf DCount("*", "ParkingViolationstbl", "[VIN]= '" & Me![VIN] & "'") >= 1 Then
    DoCmd.Openform "Vehcile Warning and Notice Records", acFormDS, , "[VIN] = '" & Me.VIN & "'", acFormReadOnly
    End If

Would this be the correct Syntax

If DCount("*", "ParkingViolationstbl", "[VIN]= '" & FORMS![WarningsWeb]![VIN]& "'") =0 Then

Thank you

Provided Answers: 6
    It would be in VBA, not positive about macros as I don't use them. If that doesn't work there, try

DCount("*", "ParkingViolationstbl", "[VIN]= FORMS![WarningsWeb]![VIN])
    Paul

Provided Answers: 19
    Like Paul, and most of us here, never use Embedded Macros, but took the time to experiment. See Macro1 in the attached file.

Note that you didn't say what you wanted to do if the VIN wasn't found, other than popping a Messagebox, so I simply returned Focus to the VIN Control. You may want to change that, but what I posted should give you most of what you need.

As far as the DCount() syntax goes, in the Macro, it would be

DCount("*","ParkingViolationstbl","[VIN]= '" & [VIN] & "'")=0

This assumes that the [VIN] Field is defined as Text, as it apparently was in your original VBA code.

Linq ;0)>
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007