Thread: DB2 client

Unanswered: DB2 client

Hello! I have a windows 2003 machine which has db2 client v7.1.0.98 installed. It is catalogued to connect to db2 v7.1.0.98 on aix 4.3.3. I know, none of this is supported. We are in the process of upgrading our environment.
    I have a question. Can i install a second copy of db2 client (v9.x) on this windows machine alongside the v7.1 client? We need this dual setup because we need to be able to access both the 7.1 aix/db2 and 9.7 aix/db2 from this client (for the interim) to perform some testing. Can v7.1 client and v9.7 client co-exist? If not, what are my options?

Please advise. Thanks!

Provided Answers: 1
    You can install the DB2 9.7 client in a different directory, so it can coexist with other versions. However, it's the DB2 v7 client that may have a problem. Make sure you have a full backup of the machine before installation. However, installing the DB2 9.7 client in a virtual machine might be a better option.

Check also IBM data server client connectivity using multiple copies - IBM DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows and Multiple DB2 copies on the same computer (Windows) - IBM DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.