Charity looking for database that meets our needs

Hi everyone,

I've been researching and contacting various database providers trying to find one that will allow us to do what we need to do, with limited success, and I thought it might be a better option to ask here.

We want to set up a database that is accessible and searchable via our website by the general public, but can only be edited by staff.

If anyone has any suggestions for a platform that will allow us to do this, I very much appreciate the assistance.

Thanks,

Jerry

Do a google search for any "Give Camp" events in your area:
    GiveCamp.org | Coding for Charity
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

Depending on the complexity of what you want to achieve, you might be able to do everything you've requested with a CMS (Content Management System) like Drupal, XOOPS, or Joomla.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by blindman View Post
    Do a google search for any "Give Camp" events in your area:
    GiveCamp.org | Coding for Charity

Thanks Blindman. Unfortunately, we're a Canadian charity and givecamp only operates in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan View Post
    Depending on the complexity of what you want to achieve, you might be able to do everything you've requested with a CMS (Content Management System) like Drupal, XOOPS, or Joomla.

-PatP
    We basically want to establish a database of all possible services and needs for our service users (eg doctors who specialize in their condition, agencies that can help with this issues, etc) and have them be able to search that directory for the relevant service (tagged appropriately) and cross-search that by location. It's limiting editing access that's proving to be the challenge, but I'll look at those sites you recommended.

Thanks Pat!