Unhappy Unanswered: VBA Database Backup Automation

Hi, I am using a MS Access 2010 for application development. I am currently having a problem in developing an automated database backup capability which will be used on the said application.

What I want is, I have this database backup form that is already capable of identifying .accdb and .accde Access Files and generate the file's url and a file path to where to place the Access File to be backup. The problem then, is there a vba code to copy the Access File based on the url and generate a copy and send it to the file path where the Access File will be backup.

Take note, access file url to copy and file path to save are both user-defined.

That value can't be floating for it to work.Why would this be the case? It should be a fixed path.If you already have the path, why copy it again? If your looking for a utility to do this for you, there are lots of them around.

Fixed path, you mean the "file path" where the access database backup file should go?

Provided Answers: 10
    Copying a file is pretty easy.

Google for FileSystemObject
    George
    Home | Blog

I'll try that... Thanks for advice..

That should do it, now one thing. Why I can't overwrite the existing database file with the same name?

For example, the database to be backup is "Database Source.accdb". The new database file name for backup is "Database Source(The Current Date).accdb", and the new db file name is already existing on the user-defined targeted folder.

Take note, the new database file name is locked for user-defined editing.
    Last edited by gone_3am; 09-14-13 at 09:12.

I dont have a clue.So why not either move the existing file somewhere and copy your new file or rename your old file?

Renaming the best solution right on the databse backup form I created, since there is a text box that allows the user to take-a-good look of the new name of the database file would be backup. Yup, that all I wanna hear and do...

Thanks dude...

Your Welcome. Good luck With Your Project.