Unanswered: Script for calendar

Hello!
    This is my first post here and since I'm pretty much involved into this great software, it won't be the last one. First of all, I would like to say hello to all of you and second, I have a problem

I have to create basic duty roster system and simple calendar from InnPlanner would be great (with some modifications, of course) but I can't see script inside it. I think it's called Calendar. I need something that looks like spreadsheet with dates on top, last names in the first column and inside filled with shifts. I was able to do something similar with normal calendar but I have problem with shift which lasts from let's say 20:00 to 06:00 next day. Can't create entry in calendar which passes midnight.
    I went slightly offtopic, but is there a way to see scripts in examples shown on the main website?

Thx for any reply.

Provided Answers: 17
    Hello and welcome to dbForums.

The built in calendar function doesn’t really display the data in a traditional layout for a Staff Roster. Plus anyone on a shift that goes through midnight is displayed as a single line on the top the calendar than someone else on the grid. So my 2 cents, the built in calendar is not suitable for this.

The calendar brilliant database are using the InnPlanner is the idea solution by far, but it's bloody complicated as it's coded in HTML, User Functions and Variables. I had a look at it myself, and while I could hack it to do what you wanted, it would take forever to strip out all the other functions.

The simplest solution is to use a Many to Many relation field. In fact, that will display the data on the table in the traditional way a roster is normally displayed, plus it's also dead simple to print them.

Regards
    James

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbritt View Post
    Hello and welcome to dbForums.

The built in calendar function doesn’t really display the data in a traditional layout for a Staff Roster. Plus anyone on a shift that goes through midnight is displayed as a single line on the top the calendar than someone else on the grid. So my 2 cents, the built in calendar is not suitable for this.

The calendar brilliant database are using the InnPlanner is the idea solution by far, but it's bloody complicated as it's coded in HTML, User Functions and Variables. I had a look at it myself, and while I could hack it to do what you wanted, it would take forever to strip out all the other functions.

The simplest solution is to use a Many to Many relation field. In fact, that will display the data on the table in the traditional way a roster is normally displayed, plus it's also dead simple to print them.

Regards
    James
    Thanks for your reply.
    Later in the night I've realised that there are two versions of InnPlanner. Version design has all scripts and functions visible but I also came to conclusion that it's too complicated to adjust to my needs.
    Is there an example which uses many to many relation field?

Provided Answers: 17
    Here's an example.

This is quickly thrown together as I'm stuck for time, so it only does “Monday” and can be greatly improved.

There are 3 folders.

Folder 1: Roster contains the Many to Many field you will be using. To add someone to the roster, right click on the many to many file and a empty line will appear Double Click on the line and you can enter in the values into the form that appears. Press Save to update the many to many.

Note that the drop down list of employees you can select is autocratically updated when you add a new employee to your Address book (see folder 2)

Folder 2: Is an address book of your staff.

Folder 3: Is a record on all the shifts each individual was assigned for each week.

Regards
    James
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks!