Lightbulb Unanswered: Name field dont exist in system(legacy) query

I am not a database engineer would like your help with four questions. I opened a Schwab account in 1983. I used my friends social security number (the account is in my name) can not locate her, having problems accessing account. In the 80's I could access account with my name. In the later 90's I could not access account by name but I could access with account number(no longer have account number) and social security number(dont have). Schwabs IT dept did search without writing SQL and account( five other account with my name but none in my state) did not come up. 1) What are the chances of Schwabs IT department finding account record by writing SQL using the name field and birthdate field? 2) Is there a chance name fields and birth date fields are corrupt due to database upgrades because account record was created with legacy database in 80's? 3) Why does account number and social security number fetch account record with built in system query and name and birthdate does not? 4) What particular SQL statement or staements would you suggest to use to query database?
    Last edited by glennpl; 09-22-13 at 14:51. Reason: type o

Provided Answers: 5
    To start, I am surprised Schwab will even talk with considering the name/SSN issue you have going on.

1) What are the chances of Schwabs IT department finding account record by writing SQL using the name field and birthdate field?
    Very good, if the values you have for that info is accurate(you remember the date you provided them?)
    2) Is there a chance name fields and birth date fields are corrupt due to database upgrades because account record was created with legacy database in 80's?
    Very unlikely, as it would have affected many of their customers and not just you.
    3) Why does account number and social security number fetch account record with built in system query and name and birthdate does not?
    That is the way they built their application?
    4) What particular SQL statement or staements would you suggest to use to query database?
    A SELECT statement. As to how it should be written would be answered by Schwab as the most of us would not have access to their model to know what tables have what fields.

This is ridiculous. This is identity theft! Schwab should refer this to the police and you should be prosecuted for identity theft. Only suggestion I have is contact a lawyer.

Provided Answers: 54
    If you opened the account thirty years ago using the SSN of a friend that you can no longer locate, then I'm pretty sure that your former friend has already enjoyed the contents of that account.

Since the owner whose SSN was on the account would have been paying the taxes on that account for thirty years, you are long past the point (seven years) where you could have any claim to the account.

This is a dead horse. Stop beating it.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.