Unanswered: cbo Dropdown disappears

User of one of my existing db's alerted me to a problem that may be from a difference in access 2010 vs 2003.

I have a cbo that drops down as soon as it gets focus:
    Private Sub cboMBName_GotFocus()
    Me!cboMBName.dropdown
    End sub

Prior to 2010, when the cbo was entered, the dropdown occurred and stayed dropped while the user typed, moving down the alphabetic selections appropriately. In this scenario, when the first several characters had narrowed the selection, the user could then click on a following selection if appropriate.

In the new environment (without changing any programming) the dropdown occurs as before but disappears as soon as typing starts. The user is required to click the dropdown arrow if he wants a slightly lower selection.

Is this now the expected result for .dropdown ? Is there a way to return to the older action?
    PGT

Provided Answers: 19
    This is not normal behavior in any version of Access, and I've seen no bug on reports on such a problem.

Some questions:

1. Is this a Multi-user Database?
    2. Is yes to #1, above, is the Database Split into a Front End/Back End configuration?
    3. Does this problem appear on multiple machines or just one machine?
    4. Does any other VBA code work? Version 2007 and later requires that Databases reside in a Folder that has been declared as 'trusted,' in order for code to execute.

A couple of other things come to mind:

• Having just moved up to 2010, there may be references missing from the new installation(s). You'll need to check for this,
    • Controls can and do become corrupted; the test and the solution are simple...delete the old Control then re-create it.
    • It could, of course, be the Form itself that is corrupted; but that would be my last consideration, if nothing else is identified as the culprit.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

;0)>
    This is a one machine, one user, never split mdb. All other vba's work and this vba works because the .dropdown does occur on gotfocus. I guess my next experiment will be the old delete/recreate. This is not a high priority it seems to be the only casualty, so I'll post a reply if I find the solution.
    PGT

Provided Answers: 19
    We usually think of Forms, or entire Databases, when we talk about corruption, but Controls can and do become corrupted, as well. And when they do it usually presents itself by not performing some routine function, such as dropping down the list and remaining down until a selection is made.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007