Thread: Security

Unanswered: Security

Is there an easy way to apply security to an application. Instead of capturing information about the users and assigning a security level can I prompt for password on certain functions? If so how. Thanks

Provided Answers: 19
    Before anyone can really advise you, you need to post the version of Access you're using. The security available has changed in recent years, but in general, yes, you can allow access to parts of the database using passwords.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Sorry! I am using Access 2013. Also the backend is on a server, but not using sharepoint. I don't know if this makes a difference or no.

Red face Security

I am using 2013 . What I would like to do is password protect/restrict certain function command buttons that I have on a home page for my application. Can you help me with what is the easiest way without registering all of the users? Thanks

Hello.......I am back looking at creating security in my access application. I am using access 2013. I have a table with the users name and the windows id and an access level. I will use the access level to determine which forms, reports and data they will see. What I am still struggling with is how to capture and use their windows id. I found some vb code here that will capture the windows id and GetUserId. I am not good with VB. Can someone help walk me through the process?