Unanswered: Restoring Table space backup

unfortunately my table space userspace1 is dropped but when I am trying to restore that tablespace from full backup image ,I am getting this error

SQL2549N The database was not restored because either all of the table spaces in the backup image are inaccessible, or one or more table space names in list of table space names to restore are invalid.

when I googled it I came to know that we will get this error we restore the tablespace from the tablespace level backup Image,but here I am getting same error .

so can we restore the the tablespace from the full backup image ,when it is dropped ?

Please advise me

thank you in advance

Provided Answers: 11
    what kind of backup are you using
    db2level and platform
    restore statement ? complete message
    many questions..
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Provided Answers: 55
    Hi,

You can't restore a dropped tablespace by restore command.
    You can restore this tablespace into a new database, then recreate and reload all its tables to your current db.

Alternatively, if you are at 9.7 or newer and non of those schemas in userspace1 are in your current database, then you can try to transport these schemas from the backup.
    Regards,
    Mark.

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by mark.b View Post
    You can't restore a dropped tablespace by restore command.
    Wouldn't RESTORE DB whatever TABLESPACE (USERSPACE1), followed by a rollforward to end of logs, work in that case?
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Provided Answers: 55
    Quote Originally Posted by n_i View Post
    Wouldn't RESTORE DB whatever TABLESPACE (USERSPACE1), followed by a rollforward to end of logs, work in that case?
    No.
    If a tablespace is not in the database catalog, then you are not able to restore it.
    I've heard that DB2 Recovery Expert can do such things but it uses some "black magic" I think.
    Regards,
    Mark.