Unanswered: need help linking SQL server and oracle databases

I have a some SQL and Oracle databases that I need to be able to join and query across. I need a tool that will facilitate this easily and preferably free. For example database 1 has multiple sql 2008 tables but I want Cust_info table and the field meter and then in the oracle database I need the meteraccts table and the meternumber field...which are the joiner fields. I am having trouble find something that will do this easily...I have down loaded..dbvisualizer, anysqlmaestro, oracle developer..etc These will let me see the different databases but not query both...or at least I can't see how. Any help with a tool or with a sql syntax would be appreciated. I have tried to link the databases and join them but I'm missing something. Thanks

Provided Answers: 54
    Microsoft provides Linked Server functionality as part of the base product, but I recommend that you install the Oracle Client onto the SQL Server to use it. Oracle allows you to buy a comparable feature called Heterogeneous Services.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Oracle Client

install the Oracle Client and use SSIS