Unanswered: Exporting a CSV Nightly

I don't really mess with DB2 very much we use it for our HR system which another person was maintaining, who is no longer here. I have wrote two basic queries to export contact info out. Normally in SQL Server I put the queries in stored procedures and use either bccopy or setup ssis package.

I have googled for an hour but I can't find anything quite what I'm looking for. I just need a tabbed delimited text file to export nightly.

Thanks for the help!

Toronto, Canada
    Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by acidburn85 View Post
    I don't really mess with DB2 very much
    That's probably a good thing as messing with DB2 (or any other database) is not very wise.

After you're done messing with it, you can use the EXPORT command to extract data. I'm assuming you use DB2 for Linux, Unix, and Windows -- since you've mentioned MS SQL Server tools. For certainty you may want to indicate your DB2 version and platform next time.
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

In front of the computer
    Provided Answers: 54
    I'd suggest that you create a Linked Server if you can. That would allow you to use the tools that you know now to extract the data, which would allow you to learn more about DB2 before you dive into it head first.

I think that you'll like DB2, but it requires you to explicitly do a lot of things that Microsoft SQL Server automates for you. Like moving from a Humvee to a Kenworth, DB2 requires more expertise but it can deliver a lot of functionality too!

In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.