Unanswered: Mailmerge from conditionally formatted Excel 2010

This may not strictly be an Excel question as the problem occurs in Word 2010 when I am merging from an excel sheet.

Basically I have conditionally formatted my excel sheet to show a seperate text value for a list of fifteen numerical values that get entered. Obviously when I merge this cell in to my Word Document, the value displayed is the "real" value of the cell (ie the number) rather than the displayed text. Is there any way of getting the word document to show the text instead?

I had a look at IF...THEN rules (in Word) but couldn't work out how to do a list of rules rather than just one. I found some tutorials online about multiple input values but they were only based on getting a true/false output. I don't want that - for each of my 15 inputs I have a seperate output value.

Any ideas?

Provided Answers: 10
    Can you change your spreadsheet to store the same value as the displayed one?
    George
    Home | Blog

No, the reason I type in a number rather than the displayed text is that I have some formulas elsewhere in my spreadsheet that rely on the contents of these cells being numerical.

Where are the textual values kept?
    George
    Home | Blog

It is in a data validation list on a seperate sheet of the same work book.

You're going to need to do a VLookup or Index/Match to get the textual values.
    George
    Home | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by gvee View Post
    You're going to need to do a VLookup or Index/Match to get the textual values.
    Do you mean I should change the way I get the values in my original Excel spreadsheet, or are thosde operations that can be performed in Word? Where can I find them on the ribbon?