Unhappy Unanswered: Errors with BDB 9.4

Hope someone can help.
    1. When designing a report, I will after about 15min get an out of memory error and BDB shuts down.
    2. When I run a query and print 20 pages and wants to print again it gives me Run time error 482 - printer error. With any other software I can print even 500 pages at a time. My computer: I7 with 8gig mem and the printer Aficio MP C2800. BDB size is 75Mb.
    3. I need to put lots of buttons on the toolbar, is there a way to increase the number of limited buttons on a toolbar?

Hennie
    Last edited by Brilliant Namibia; 10-03-13 at 06:43. Reason: Add Attachment

Provided Answers: 2
    Hello
    In reference to tool bar buttons it appears you are limited to how much space you have on screen and size of text for label but the teens would seem to be limit. You can also add buttons to folder area which would double number of buttons.
    Alternatively can add menus with sub-menus to toolbar which could be extensive in number.
    Can not give you an answer about runtime errors but would suggest creating a basic mock up clone of your application on a different computer and see what happens. There may have been some reference to these problems in pass forum posts if you scan through old posts but many might be version specific.

Provided Answers: 17
    Hello.
    Make sure you are running the highest version of v9, which is v9.43 #5509

Also download and install this on your PC.
    Download Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Common Controls from Official Microsoft Download Center

Brilliant Database VB files are older than the ones in this download, and so the download greatly improves stability.

3. I need to put lots of buttons on the toolbar, is there a way to increase the number of limited buttons on a toolbar?
    What limit are you refering to?
    YOu have X mount of space, if you can't fit all your buttons in that space, then you shoud be creating Menus and Menu Items instead of buttons. They are pretty much the same thing only they look more traditional.

Regards
    James