Unanswered: Static Column Headings in Crosstab Query

Hi:

I have a crosstab query that creates columns from two combo boxes selected on a form. This part works.

I would like the column headings to remain fixed, such as "RUN1" and "RUN2," even though the user may select different data. I need to do this so that I can do calculations on those two columns, but I can't do calculations if the column names keeps changing. I've tried all sorts of IIF statements in the Property Sheet (Query Properties) Column Headings, but nothing has worked so far.

I appreciate any assistance.
    Mos

Just sharing my solution, in case it may help out someone else.

In my crosstab query, first thing is to define the Parameters. This is via a button on the toolbar. For this particular query, I have two, and they would look like this:

[forms]![name_of_form]![name_of_combo_box_01]
    [forms]![name_of_form]![name_of_combo_box_02]

Then, in the query, for the column that is to be the Column heading in the Crosstab, I have the following:

Expr1: IIf([COLUMN_variable]=[forms]![name_of_form]![name_of_combo_box_01],"Static_Column_Heading1","Static_Column_Heading2" )

I also had to add a WHERE statement for that Column variable (in design query mode, pull the variable down again, in the Total row, select WHERE):

[forms]![name_of_form]![name_of_combo_box_01]
    Or [forms]![name_of_form]![name_of_combo_box_02]

For the sake of completion, under the Property Sheet, I added in the Column Headings:

"Static_Column_Heading1","Static_Column_Headin g2"

This forces the columns to appear, irrespective of any data appearing, which is necessary to do any math in a successive query.

Hope this helps.
    Mos