Question Unanswered: Database design - inventory for retail

Greetings. I have created a small database in Access 2003 to track sales, purchases, etc. for a small one-person business selling stuff at events such as fairs. I have the following tables:
    Merchandise
    Companies (I Buy From)
    Purchases
    Sales
    Events

When I come back from an event, I enter into the database exactly what items and how many of them have sold. A lot of my items are one-of-a-kind, so when I've sold out they're not replaced.

I want to track when an item has sold out, and would also like some kind of tracking of inventory.

I've tried a bunch of ways of doing it, but none seems to work. Setting up an Inventory table requires using a lot of fields that are already in other tables.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I can provide a screen shot of the Relationships if that would be helpful.

Not really! Inventory can be tricky although simply speaking it's a matter of what comes in and what goes out. This site may prove helpful. http://www.databaseanswers.org/data_models/
    Write down on paper and draw out what you want to happen, make a plan and design if you have not already done so.

HTH

Thanks

The web site you directed me to was helpful. Thanks!