Unanswered: how to know if DB2 server is busy ??

hi guys,

i have an applications that installed under the same machine which the DB2 insatalled and the applications using db2 as database to store its data. but unfortunetly there is some services that cannot connect to server, the logs said

2013-09-30T01:04:14: Warning: W-RIV-002-209: [4133377744t] CMdlApplication.cc(178) Cannot connect to database : 08001 (Error -30081): [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: "192.168.1.10". Communication function detecting the error: "connect". Protocol specific error code(s): "111", "*", "*". SQLSTATE=08001
    (from CNcpDB2Dbh.cc line 148) dbId: NCIM

i have search the error code problem from IBM website and i found that one of the couse is The server might be too busy to handle the volume of incoming connections at this time.

my questions is, how do i know if the server busy or not ?? why the server is busy considering there is only one application that use db2 as database and its installed on the same machine with db2

really need idea and helps

Even though it is possible that the server is too busy, that error message is usually related to some other problem. Were you able to connect to the database previously?

You can look at CPU utilization on the server. Also run this command from the DB2 command prompt: db2 list applications show detail" to see how many connections there are. Depending on what version of DB2 you are using, some kind of connection limit may have been reached (although not likely).
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

thanks for reply Marcus_A

i just found the way to solve the error and make the application services running well by stop and start the database. but the next question is why i have to restart database after restarting the server eventhough i have set the DB2AUTOSTART=YES ? is this problem of the DB2 ?? and is there other way so that i dont have to restart database after rebooting the system ??

im using DB2 v9.7.0.4

If you tried to stop DB2 (db2stop), and if DB2 was not already running it would give you an error message that DB2 was not running when you attempted to stop it. Was that the case?

If you stopped DB2 and the db2stop command was successful, then DB2 was running, and db2autostart has nothing to do with your problem, and most likely there was something wrong with DB2 that was fixed when you restarted DB2. You would have provide a lot more info and diagnostic files for anyone to help you figure out the problem if that was the case.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

no after restarting when i did db2stop its showed me DB2stop processing was successfully

Quote Originally Posted by cocofuc25 View Post
    SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: "192.168.1.10". Communication function detecting the error: "connect". Protocol specific error code(s): "111", "*", "*". SQLSTATE=08001

Check the meaning of RC=111 here:
    IBM SQL30081N TCPIP communication errors - United States