Unanswered: Connecting to DB2 Database with Visual Studios / ASP.net

Hello

I did a quick search and did not see an answer to my question. Hopefully I am not asking something that has been addressed a million times.

I have a few years experience with developing ASP.net applications in Visual Studios (and VB.net). For all of these developments I have been using SQL Databases and everything has been pretty easy.

Now, I have a need to help a co-worker connect to DB2 database for the first time. We are both scratching our heads.

We have successfully created my connection in the server explorer (although I can not see any tables when viewing through the explorer . . . )

I can add database connection to my page and configure it with some basic SQL Select statement and it works. I can hit the test button and it brings back data from the DB2 table, so I know it is working here.

However, when I view the web page in the browser, it will not connect. I get an error that states the device is not found.

My first thought is that some sort of Service Pack must be installed on the server for the DB2 connection to work? But I have googled and googled and googled and not found this, or how to install it

Any thoughts or advice?

Provided Answers: 1
    There's nothing to be installed on the DB2 server side. You will need to install the IBM Data Server Client along with the Visual Studio plugins.

ADO.NET application development
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Thanks n_i

So the IBM Data Server Client needs to be installed on our windows development server, correct? I ask because our team is broken into groups and I know nothing about servers at all. Just a front end developer.

So, I should pass that info to our server management team? I assume the IBM Data Server Client is not free? Since IBM is proprietary

And I am using Visual Studios Pro 8. I believe I read that this version should have DB2 connection capability build in - but I could be mistaken

Thanks for your help

Provided Answers: 1
    I don't know what "windows development server" means; the client needs to be installed on whatever machines establish connections to the database. The IBM Data Server Client is free. IBM Download Fix Packs by version for IBM Data Server Client Packages - United States
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.