Thread: Option button

Unanswered: Option button

Hello Everyone

Im really learning a lot from you all you tube. I actually created a great looking form with working features "excited!"
    I ran in to a problem. I have 3 option buttons (not using option group control), 1.mon
    2.wed
    3.fri
    and I have 2 drivers for my cab service
    on my form displays 10 fields. home, address, state,zip phone & place,address,state,zip phone.

my drivers would like to take these passengers anywhere they would like to go, as long as the address is correct. but some of our passengers need to go to dialysis on certain days. what I want to, is add that person in the desired field only once then select 1.2.3. and that person will show up on those days. that way I want have to re-enter it time and time again.

Provided Answers: 6
    I've written several cab reservation systems. What I do is have a "repeating reservations" table that would have yes/no fields for the days of the week. Then on the appropriate schedule I run a process that creates regular reservations from that table. Typically that's nightly, so last night it would have added reservations for Thursday, tonight it will add any for Friday, etc. At the end of the week in your example, you'd end up with 3 reservations in the main reservations table.
    Paul

so where do i start? do you have a sample i can look at to get a idea of how it works?

Paul

Yes im still working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by the bobster View Post
    so where do i start? do you have a sample i can look at to get a idea of how it works?
    I gave you an outline 2 months ago and again this morning, so I guess that's where I'd start. You haven't posted your structure, so I don't really know what direction you've decided to go in. I don't have a sample, just production databases that I'm not at liberty to post.
    Paul

ok here is the structore. while entering drivers name in to the database, i would like to select for example monday, and friday, and when i save and close the data form. that person schedule would be done for monday and friday, even though i only entered it only once.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails reservation.png