Unanswered: Access stops working when adding data

I have several DBs that I have used successfully for about 5 years. I have now decided to combine them into one. Up until this afternoon I haven't had any problems. However now when I try to add any new data I get a message that Access has stopped working and then it either shuts down or asks that I make a backup. Also several command buttons are causing the same problem. One command button I created this morning works, but the other wont (it did this morning). I tried to run a compact and repair but couldn't tell if it actually did anything. Should I get some sort of report or message after running a C & R?

I suspect that your database is corrupt or at least some of it. Do you not have a Backup? When you try and add new data on any form? When you compile, do you get any error messages? I don't mean compact & repair! More details please.

I just ran "analyse performance" and got a message that I had too many controls and that I should create additional forms to handle the controls. So I am in the process of doing that and at this stage haven't had any more problems. (Fingers crossed)