Unanswered: open new form from another

I have a Continuous Forms on a form I would like to create a button on it so I can open another form with that information in it

Are you saying you have a subform on a main form that is continuous? You want to open another form with the information on the subform? If so, why?

Yes that's what I have

main form is the customers information
    the subform has all the repairs in a list I want to be able to open the repairs form so I can enter more information in it or get to it quicker. the sub form only has limited information in it

thanks for your reply

I don't understand. Why can't you add more information into the subform? Do you want to open up a popup form of some kind with linked information? Does the subform have more fields but just not displayed? If you open the repairs by itself and not have it linked you customer data will not be in sync.

I could but it would make the subform very big at the minute it just has the id then it has daten entered time entered type and when it was fixed and what the problem was now I want to add in another form what I did to fix it any parts I used and calculate the cost of the repair who fixed it when it was fixed and all this is too mush for a sub form

So, why not add a second subform? Or enlarge your Main form. Hard to guide without seeing it. Or for that matter, add Tabs to your form and add the data that way!

Try to do a macro that will Open Form based on a data field

You did not answer my questions! Why not use a tabbed form? What is the field name, data type?

mow there's a good idea I think I will use a tabbed form