Unanswered: Query Duplicating information off data not selected in query?

Table A has patient information

Table B has State information regarding that state.

Each Table has State ID field

Table B has multiple State ID rows with different supporting data in each row. I am not using of those values in my query however.

I just need to get the Region column which is always the same.

However, my query is returnign duplicates. Im assuming its due to the fact that the State ID is int he table B multiple times.

How can I resolve this? let me know ifyou need more information

Can you make a query out of Table B with only State ID and Region? (After you design your query, go to SQL view to add the word DISTINCT.) Then join Table A to this query? That should eliminate your duplicates.
    Mos

Quote Originally Posted by get.mos View Post
    Can you make a query out of Table B with only State ID and Region? (After you design your query, go to SQL view to add the word DISTINCT.) Then join Table A to this query? That should eliminate your duplicates.
    i actually made a table with those two fields. and got duplicates. Each state ID was completely unique in the table too . so i am unsure what is happening

Provided Answers: 59
    can we see the query (open the query in design mode, switch the view to SQl then copy and paste the SQL here)
    the table design(s)
    a sample of the data. so it reduces the amount of work for others needed to re create your problem
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton