Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Unanswered: All SQL Jobs failing

    Hi All, For some reason all of my SQL jobs have been failing on my SQL 2005 server, running Windows 2003 server. The jobs range from DB backups, clean up tasks, index rebuilds, shrink DB's etc.

    The only change that has been made is that I have changed the SQL Agent etc Services logon account to a domain account. I am assuming this has caused the issue, however I have tried everything I can find:
    - Giving the Login / account appropriate permissions within SQL.
    - Making the account a local administrator on the server.

    I have previously performed the change in our identical Dev environment, without any issue.

    Here is the error message I get for ALL jobs:

    Executed as user: [Domain]\svcadmin. Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility  Version 9.00.4035.00 for 32-bit  Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2005. All rights reserved.    Started:  2:28:13 PM  Progress: 2013-10-22 14:28:58.62     Source: {84A473DD-5949-4B78-A4EA-36377C583661}      Executing query "DECLARE @Guid UNIQUEIDENTIFIER      EXECUTE msdb..sp".: 100% complete  End Progress  DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1).  Started:  2:28:13 PM  Finished: 2:28:58 PM  Elapsed:  45.906 seconds.  The package execution failed.  The step failed.

    Any ideas? Thanks!

    Update: Upon further investigation, it looks as though anything that was modified or saved after changing the SQL Service account has been failing. Any jobs that havent been touched are still running successfully. Weird!
    Last edited by hambo12; 10-22-13 at 01:35. Reason: Added extra details to end of post

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    In front of the computer
    Provided Answers: 54
    I'm going to guess that you changed the development id using the SQL Server configuration and that you changed the production id by directly editing the Windows Service Login. If that guess is correct, then revert the Service Login credentials back to the original value and use the SQL Server Configuration tools to change those credentials back to the present Windows Login.

    If I guessed incorrectly, check the SQL Agent log file. It ought to have an error message that will give you clues.

    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts