Unanswered: db2 upgrade in hadr environment

Dear all,

I am using Db2 9.7 on AIX 7.1

I have an hadr environment already set, I am planning to upgrade the db from 9.7 to 10.1 i have gone through road maps but still in doubt regarding the following questions:

1. As both the DBs (Prim and standby) are synchronized, is it necessary to transport the primary db backup to restore on standby ( lot of time and overhead is there to transport bkp image to standby over network 500 KM apart).?

2. Upgradation should be done in which sequence First primary or first standby?

3. Do any body know some known issues involved ? please share.

Provided Answers: 11
    no need to ask.. all is in the books... just have a look at
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified

Toronto, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by przytula_guy View Post
    no need to ask.. all is in the books... just have a look at
    Performing rolling updates in a DB2 High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR) environment
    Your link states:
    "A rolling update cannot be used to upgrade from an earlier version to a later version of a DB2 database product software. For example, you cannot use this procedure to upgrade a DB2 database product from Version 9.7 to Version 10.1."