Unanswered: How to update SQL Server varbinary(max) from Access front end.

Hi,
    I use Access 2013 and have a table with an 'Attachment' data type field. I found that using this data type increases the size of the database so much that it soon reaches it's maximum size.
    I'm now trying to use SQL Server 2012 Express as a back end to just store the attachments. In SQL Server the attachment field data type is 'varbinary(max)', but when I look at the linked table from Access, it shows as data type 'OLE Object'.
    My question is - is there any way I can write to or update this field using VBA, or would I be better off writing a WPF program which updates the SQL Server table (using C#), and somehow call this program from an Access Form.

Provided Answers: 14
    Usually, you store the attached files outside the database (in a folder somewhre...) and store the path to the files in the database. In theory, you could write an OLE control that would be able to handle the data in Access but this suppose a lot of knowledge on how to write such a control. Moreover, interfacing Access (or any COM-OLE program) with managed code (.NET) is not easy.
    Have a nice day!