Unanswered: UDB DB2 DBA Full-time Position NY/NJ

Hi All!

Happy Halloween! I am currently looking for a DB2 DBA on the AIX platform in the NYC area. Please let me know if you're interested.

Our client, a major retail distributor located in Edison, NJ is looking for a DB2 DBA to support the development efforts related to all Data Warehouse Applications and application-oriented activities from logical design through production implementation, including all facets of the production change process. Projects include DB2 UDB version upgrades, major application upgrades and system maintenance. The position will also participate in Data Administration development efforts on multiple platforms.

5+ years experience in AIX, DB2 UDB/AIX, and INFOSPHERE a must. Knowledge of SAS Analytical Software a plus.
    Database install and fixpack update experience
    Experience with large databases (3+terabytes)
    Knowledge, understanding, and experience setting up and administrating a DPF (data partitioning facility) environment
    Experience in HADR DB2 implementation
    Unix Shell scripting experience
    IBM Webspehere Portal exposure a plus
    SAS application development and SAS environment exposure a plus Extensive knowledge of DB2, QMF, and SQL skills; including performance & tuning skills.
    Working knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts.

There is the ultimate work-life balance there. 40/hr work weeks. The parking lot is typically empty by 5:00-5:30
    Stability. Positions only open up when people retire. They want their employees to stay for the length of their work life.
    They are the largest co-op in the U.S.
    401k match
    Continuing education partial reimbursement
    Vacation time/Sick days

If you have any questions, I can be reached at 732-523-5929 or feel free to email me back at

Joe Sciscione

Correction: My phone number is 732-623-5929. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeScis View Post
    If you have any questions, I can be reached at 732-523-5929 or feel free to email me back at