Unanswered: Brilliant Database Alternative III

Brilliant still sucks at importing large CSV files and it crashes like crazy

I still have my hopes that I will find something that suites my limited knowledge but I might have struck gold.

This look very promising and maybe someone with more experience can check if it can hold it's own amongst the big boys out there.

It's called Speedbase and maybe it will help someone out

Speedbase Website

Provided Answers: 2
    Hello cplanet
    Quick look at Speedbase but appears to be limited compared to BD - no scripting or events. Also don't think you can create stand alone applications.
    Like you say may be useful for someone.
    Still only one program that comes near BD in my opinion and that is Longtion Application Maker (database only and bigger "RAD" version also) - has greater depth then BD but not as convenient as BD to create quick application. I am still on a learning curve and while not that difficult it is totally different in the way things are done compared to BD. If any one is interested I would be be happy to share any insights so far.
    Regards
    David

Speedbase

Hi tamcind I actually saw that application Longtion and it looks a bit complicated but I will give it a try

So far the speedbase is rather nice but as you said no scripting, I did ask the developers if I can do some advanced queries/actions and stuff, we will see of they will maybe add some functionality.

Thanks for the effort I really appreciate it

Does Longtion Application Make have a built in Calendar - Scheduler like BD?

I spoke to the developer of Speedbase and he does modifications for clients

The online chat and scheduler rocks and is a bonus

I think I have found my DB alternative

Cplanet are you referring to Speedbase or Longtion? Can you provide a link to the scheduler?
    Thanks

Hi I hope it's the same thing we are talking about

But it is for Speedbase which has both internal chat and reminder/scheduler

Here are two links
    Link 1
    Link 2

Provided Answers: 2
    Longtion does not have a Scheduler like BD but with wide range of features it may be possible to create something similar - I am still learning.
    Regards
    David

No I meant a full blown calendar like in BD.

Hi Barry

There is a demo - I have not tried all the functions but I am going to use it as a semi CRM and the reminders are super for me

Try the free demo it seems there are some nice functions in Speedbase but not as complex like Longtion which will probably knock the socks of Speedbase when it gets to highly complex things

As I said it seems the perfect solution for me "simple,straight forward"

Bets of luck

Virus

Hi Drivesoft

Avast reports a virus in the download can you confirm it's safe to download of the demo

Quote Originally Posted by DriveSoft View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cplanet View Post
    Hi Drivesoft

Avast reports a virus in the download can you confirm it's safe to download of the demo
    Yes, no problem, my Kaspersky finds nothing.