Deleting or editing posts

I need to delete or edit some older posts. Can you help with that?

you can edit your own posts as you see fit
    this forum tends not to delete posts (unless they are spam) or unless there is an indvertant release of confidential information.

there are several reasons:-
    first off if the post has been here for a few hours its probably already been indexed by search engines.
    as this is a help forum we prefer to keep questions and answers up so that others can benefit from the process. in the vain hope that the same old questions are repeatedly asked and answered

if you have a specific problem with with a thread then by all means please send a pm to the site admin (Pat Phelan), myself or other moderators and justify why you feel a thread needs deleting
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

I'd rather edit my own posts if I can, but I don't see how. The only reason for doing this would be to remove any confidential or proprietary information. I don't believe there is much, but that would be my managers call.

If you find a post that you created but needs to be edited, let me know and I'll try to help. There are a number of constraints that limit what we are able to edit, as well as some practical issues (like web spiders) which make it impractical to edit some kinds of threads.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.