Unanswered: How to setup monitoring for log file system utilization in OPM

Hi ,

Please provide the steps to setup monitoring for log archive fs utilization in OPM.

I have seen file system utilization

and

Max log space exceeded.

I am not sure if we can use this alert types to monitor the archive filesystem space.

Regards,
    Padmini

Provided Answers: 11
    how about .. reading the books.. maybe this can provide some info..
    IBM Optim Performance Manager version 5.1
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

I created user defined alert and added a shell script to monitor archive space.
    I am able to execute the shell script at OS level.

But the alert is failing with below error in OPM

Error message:

Start Time: 2013-11-11 16:38:58
    End Time: 2013-11-11 16:38:58
    Error message: Auth fail

Result: The job execution failed. Execution Status code: 3

I have enabled ssh and the user has is db owner,can manage alters,Can monitor privileges .

Can any one help?

Provided Answers: 11
    is the complete log/error message available with details ?
    must be todo with : Auth fail
    as which uid is the job being executed ?
    try to add debugging in the script to route the output to file and see the message returned
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Below are the details from logfile.

JobManagerLogger (7836) Nov 12, 2013 4:11:53 PM ERROR Exception in run() of ShellScriptRunner
    com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Auth fail
    at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Session.java:452)
    at com.ibm.datatools.shared.services.util.ssh.SSHUtil ity.connectSSHSession(SSHUtility.java:211)
    at com.ibm.datatools.shared.services.util.ssh.SSHUtil ity.connectToHost(SSHUtility.java:270)
    at com.ibm.datatools.jobmanager.execution.ShellScript Runner.connectAndExecuteCommands(ShellScriptRunner .java:213)
    at com.ibm.datatools.jobmanager.execution.ShellScript Runner.executeCommand(ShellScriptRunner.java:160)
    at com.ibm.datatools.jobmanager.execution.ShellScript Runner.run(ShellScriptRunner.java:84)
    at com.ibm.datatools.sqwruntime.taskmgr.core.impl.Tas kRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:54)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:780)

I added set -x(debug) to shell script but script it self is not getting executed.