Unanswered: Is there a way to remove pic files from...

Forms.

hi everyone:

I have a .mdb file that contains several forms that have embedded pic files. I think the pic files are .gif files.

Is there a way to remove those .gif files from the forms and save the .gif files as independent files outside of Access?

All ideas and comments are appreciated.

Thanks much

From memory have a look at Nortwind.mdb and the employees form they have employees photos that are stored outside Access and linked to the form.

Provided Answers: 59
    dunno the way Access transfers data to the embedded object but it would be worthwhile exploring the option of extracting the data, write each one to a file with a gif (or whatever other image extension as required and then check to see if the image can be opened by an image program (or even have an image control on a form and load the image once written

means using files (which in Access VBA is nasty, nasty dates back to original basic with file handles and god knows what else)
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

healdem:

Using your idea, I copied the forms that contained the pic files I wanted, went into design view on the copied forms, removed all of the controls, and then exported the new "sanitized" forms as .pdf files. For my purposes, this was all I needed to do.

Thanks for leading me in the right direction.