Techperm, Inc. is currently seeking a DB2 DBA for a long term position in the Baltimore, MD area.
This work effort involves providing DB2 DBA maintenance and development support of mainframe DB2 application databases in all environments (development, validation, integration, and production). The resource will conduct performance monitoring and tuning activities on DB2 databases. The DBA will be required to evaluate physical data models using ERwin and create stored procedures. The DBA will be participating in the troubleshooting of slow running applications to determine modification to enhance performance. Direct interaction with the application development teams will be required.
This position will be responsible for:
• Administration of databases throughout the development and production lifecycles.
• Conduct performance monitoring and tuning activities on DB2 databases.
• Performance monitoring and tuning of several DB2 databases.
• Provide advice and support to development resources.
• Create and maintain the performance of stored procedures.
• Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures.
• Supporting the standing standards, policies and procedures of the customer team.
• Provide mentorship to group members and will be expected to help develop and support mid and junior level staff.
• May be scheduled for after hours on-call support and will be required to apply production packages during non-peak hours.
• The selected candidate will accept other duties as directed by management.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Mainframe DB2 DBA experience at least Version 9.
A strong knowledge of how read/write/tune SQL is required.
Experience with CA or BMC DB2 tools (or equivalent).
Experience with Ommegamon for DB2.
Ability to independently research problems and provide solutions.
Availability to provide weekend/off-hours support as needed.
Mainframe DB2 DBA experience Version 10
Experience working with Java and distributed application teams.
Experience with ERwin Model Manager.
Prior experience in mainframe application development accessing DB2 databases.
BA/BS degree + 11 years of IT experience at various levels of Mainframe DB2 DBA and performance and tuning activities.