Unanswered: Best way to display unassigned

This might have been answered prior but I couldnt decide how to search. If there is a previous thread, my apologies.

I have a db that as part of it, needs to assign individuals to a table, then a seat.
    So, a Table field, Seat field, and an participant ID field to establish the relation would capture this. My question is: since everyone needs to be assigned a seat, how could I best display those attendees yet to be assigned? In other words, as seating arrangements are made table by table, the dropdown list of attendees should be reduced. If the dropdown list is empty, then the assumption is that everyone has been assigned.

Note: the logic is that as more attendees are added, new tables are set up.

Any advice appreciated

Provided Answers: 59
    Im guessing you have two requirements
    one to identify people who do not yet have a table and tables that ware not yet occupied

it should be easy enough to find those conditions.
    use the query wizard to find mismatched /missing rows
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

I can set a query to show unassigned table and seats but how could I get the dropdown to "reduce" each time an assignement is made showing only attendees unassigned to a seat? Would I need to do this programmatically via VBS by setting a switch so the attendee once assigned would not display?

Provided Answers: 59
    so after each assignment REFRESH your combo box(es) or REQUERY the form, however you are collecting the data in the first place
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton