Unanswered: I need "The guy" for Oracle/AIX performance issues

We have been running Oracle on AIX/P7 for 5 or 6 years now, and no one has been able to identify the root cause for performance issues we are experiencing. Bouncing the DB seems to help for a week or so, but even with bounding our DB's, the performance on any of our DB's regardless of the LPAR they reside on does not meet my expectations compared with other companies I've worked for.

If there is ONE GUY/GAL you have total confidence in to troubleshoot Oracle on IBM AIX, who it it? Based on experience, I don't trust asking a vendor for this person. The company I work for is in Calgary, Canada and we are willing to pay for the best IF the resource we bring in next week cant identify root cause (we actually have Network, storage, and DB guys coming in at the same time).

I'm not looking to troubleshoot our issues here, just for a name that more than a few people can support.

Cheers!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Taurkon View Post
    We have been running Oracle on AIX/P7 for 5 or 6 years now, and no one has been able to identify the root cause for performance issues we are experiencing.
    . . . E t c . . .
    . . . cant identify root cause (we actually have Network, storage, and DB guys coming in at the same time).
    I hope it's not what we experienced:

1) We upgrade from 11.2.0.1 to 11.2.0 3 on AIX 7.1 and experience horrendous response time.

2) We bring in Oracle and IBM and they form a team to find the root cause.

3) They spent 2 1/2 weeks without finding anything and meanwhile the company was on virtual stand-still (main application down, operating perhaps at 10% capacity)

4) We gave up and downgraded to 11.2.0.1 -- good response time returns. But now executives are weary of applying any patches/CPU's.

I wish you good luck!
    The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

We are on 11.2.0 3 and were not sure if it was our upgrade to the P7's (previously on P6 and P5's) or the Oracle version. However, we have been experiencing Oracle issues for at least 4 years now, though the performance issues seem to be sporadic. It can vary from one day to the next, with queries returning instantly on Monday, and the same query never returning a result on Tuesday. CPU, Memory, network bandwidth all look excellent. Some initial bench-marking on a Windows/MS SQL box was demonstrating better perf. than the Oracle/AIX. /sigh