Unanswered: Run-time error - out of stack space

Hi - I have the following error message when I try to run a report "Run-time 28 out of stack space"

I had a report which I have cloned, the original report is fined, however, the cloned reports run very slow or not at all giving the error message I have above.

Any ideas!

Thanks
    Paul

Provided Answers: 17
    Are you printing to a Network Printer by any chance?

If so, as a process of elimination for a possible network issue that I've seen in the past, can you try installing a Virtual PDF Printer on your PC like PrimoPDF (it's free).

See if you can run off your report to PrimoPDF.

If you can let me know, I may have a solution for you.

Regards
    James

Hi James - I already have PrimoPDF, however, the reports are no even getting to the print preview page in BDB they are failing after the instruction to run is given.

Thanks
    Paul

Provided Answers: 17
    Hmmm...
    Have you tried to run the Maintenance Database Integrity Check?

Maybe there's some database corruption that could be fixed by running the check. Just make sure you have a backup of your database before running the check just in case something undesirable happens.

Regards
    James

Problem sorted, well sort off!

I spent all weekend going through my calculations & reports, all seemed fine but still the same error message, in desperation Sunday evening I googled "Run-time 28 out of stack space" and to my surprised it came up. It appears more in visual basic and looks to be when you have a large loop of calculations, the computer runs out of memory and can not perform all the calculations. This ties in with my DB, as I have 15 large calculations for each month, all dependant on one another, they get carried forward to the next month etc, etc, so the end result was around 180 calculations for the year and the memory could not cope with this (I also tried on various pc's all the same result).

Therefore, I have cut the link between each month and written a short script which copies the end result for a month in to the starting point for the next month. I have now been able to successfully run all my reports.

Hope this will help in the future to anyone who has the same problem.

Cheers Paul