Thread: tabbed forms

Unanswered: tabbed forms

Hi,
    I have a tabbed form with 5 pages. I'm trying to cut-and-paste some text boxes and their labels from page x to page y. Every time I do that, the controls are visible on multiple pages of the form.

Why? How do I avoid it?

For what it's worth, I have over 12 years experience in Access programming, and I have never been successful with tabbed forms.

Thanks for the help in advance,

Sam

Provided Answers: 59
    I seem to remember that it can be a bit of a pain to move controls on a tabbed dialog. What I think I did was to move the controls to the base form
    then select the tabbed control, then select the page, then Move the controlks onto that page
    However I do know sometimes I just gave up and plonked new controls on the required page and then copied the vba code into the new events
    ..sorry can't be of more assistance
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

I had the same trouble and healdem copying from other pages and databases onto a page or a form in a database. Then by accident I found a method that allows you to copy and paste.

1. Highlight the control that you want to copy or cut and paste.
    2. Use CTL C or CTL X depending on your required action.
    3. Move to the relevant page.
    4. Highlight a control or if it is a new page do nothing
    5. Go to the Home Menu
    6. Select Paste then select the down arrow under Paste. DO NOT select Paste as the control will be copied and may appear on other pages.
    7 Select Paste Special from the expanded menu
    8. A Paste Special Popup will display the Paste label will be selected and Form Item will be highlighted
    9. Click on OK, and the control will be copied into the page.
    10. The copied control will be located at the bottom of the last control on the page or at the top of page if there is no other control.

Thanks, guys,

I'll try Poppa's routine when I get the chance.

Sam